Looking for a hearty, healthy and tasty side dish for your next meal or dinner party? Try this simple three bean salad, adapted from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. It’s low in fat, high in fiber and taste. I brought this dish to a dinner party over the weekend and received rave reviews.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans (or kidney)
- 1/2 pound green beans, steamed and cut
- 1 – 2 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (red or white)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt/pepper to taste
- Combine green beans, black beans, chick peas, onion and tomato in a bowl.
- For dressing combine vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard and garlic in a screw top or covered container. Shake or mix well. Pour over vegetables and toss until coated.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.