Recipe submitted by Stacey Shipman, founder Healthy South Shore.
I made this simple and delicious Honey Glazed Chicken Stir Fry over the weekend, adapted from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook (1996).
Instead of frozen vegetables I used carrots, onions and bok choy that I had from our South Shore Organics delivery.
Quick tip: Cook chicken in advance and add at the end. Made this simple meal even easier. Cook rice while you stir-fry vegetables.
12 oz chicken breasts, sliced thin or into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce (I used low sodium)
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 cups vegetables – I used bok choy, carrots and onions
1 cup hot cooked rice (see your rice package for cooking details)
- Sauce: In small bowl stir together honey, vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch. Set aside.
- Preheat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet or wok, adding more oil as necessary during cooking.
- Add onions, bok choy and carrots. Stir-fry until carrots are crisp tender. (Other veggies will cook faster)
- Remove vegetables and add chicken. Cook chicken 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Push chicken to sides of skillet. Stir sauce and add to center of skillet. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Return cooked vegetables to skillet. Stir all ingredients to coat with sauce. Cook until heated through 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.
This meal is so simple, the combination of the soy sauce, honey and orange juice makes the perfect combination of sweet/tangy that is light and flavorful. And it’s low in fat!
We enjoyed it and I’ll make it again. How about you? Do you stir-fry?
Now it is practically possible to order all that comes to mind and even order viagra online quite perhaps only who didn’t tell you about it and it is a pity to me that you asked a question where to buy viagra online it very widespread earlier and the answer is written long ago.